9 weeks, busy day

Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's been storming up something fierce around here. Luckily, nothing happened to our house. Currently, we are fenceless so our fence didn't fall down. Heck, my petunias went unaffected as well. Unfortunately, our neighbor's Bradford Pear fell over nearly on his house. WHOA!

My brother came up from Austin for a brief visit. He took us out to eat dinner at Mi Cocina and he even paid. Sniff, sniff...I can't believe how grown he is. It was a proud moment for me. Afterwards, we went to Ikea so I could give him my opinion on a few beds he was looking at. I think he found the one he wants and I can't wait to head down to Austin to check out his new place. Anyway, on Thursday he was heading back, so we loaded up all of the stuff I promised him: table with chairs, bookshelf, end table, TV, stock pot, knives, a couple of framed paintings, and two rugs. I can't believe he fit all of that in his Xterra, but he did. Then, he loaded his TomTom and was off. Amazing how he doesn't get as lost ever since he's had his GPS unit. I mean he still gets lost because he is distracted, but it's all good.

Afterwards, we took Mari for her 2 month checkup. She was scheduled to get her vaccines: 5 shots and 1 oral. I'm still on the fence about the vaccines, but Don and I both made the decision that early on she'd get them. I'd asked Don to go to the doctor with me because I was unsure how I was going to react. I has the same anxiety I used to get right before I'd have my own shots. Anyway, we went there and the nurse was very calm, detailing what was going to happen. She said she'd be quick and she was. I'd never heard Mari shriek before and it just broke my heart. Just because I'd prepared myself for this moment didn't mean I didn't want to grab one of those needles and shove it smack dab into her jugular. Poor baby. Fortunately, she'd had some Tylenol before the appointment and had eaten immediately after the shots. My heart was broken and I admit, I cried. I needed Don to hold my hand and we're still going to research more of the vaccines that they offer. Luckily, my doctor is open to us altering her vaccine schedule. Thank you Julie for all of your information and we'll be reading it more closely for the next time around.
The bright side is that she's 10 and a half pounds and 23 inches long. She's healthy and progressing really well. I'm so grateful we have a healthy and happy baby. Here she is when we took her home. She just sat in her swing sleeping away peacefully and quietly. She took another dose of Tylenol and after that she was back to her normal self. No irritability, no fever, just a little bit of tenderness in her thighs.

We've not taken those bluebonnet pics yet. Soon, though, very soon. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can get them!

No comments:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan