Recap so far...

Monday, January 28, 2008

These past nine months have been quite an adventure!

The end of May brought glad news. I bought the test while at work. I remembered getting teary-eyed and being so happy. I immediately said a prayer and gave thanks. We'd just gotten back from California for my great aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. I had the best time hanging out on the beach with Don and just being around the family.

Two weeks later, we jetted off to Mexico for our friends wedding. Again, I found myself in the ocean enjoying the natural rhythms of mother nature. I floated and felt at great inner peace. Even though my belly was starting to swell, I felt remarkable. I did get a slight bout of morning sickness, but I worked through it and all was good.

A week later, I headed south to Austin for my 30th birthday. Several close friends and family gathered on the party barge and we had a blast floating along the lake, listening to music, sunbathing, and eating loads and loads of my favorite foods. That night, we went out on the town and tore it up! It was such a gorgeous day (they predicted rain), and by that evening when it was time to go home, sure enough, the downpour started.

Another few weeks after that, I headed out to New York for work. Baby and I walked several blocks in the rain to buy her Nina's purse. We had our very own adventure in New York (as well as getting there!). It was a special time and I was grateful to have a taste of the city. I didn't get to do as much as I wanted, but I still got to experience a whole lot.

We also headed up to Kansas three times for very different occasions. It was good to see the family and hang out with them and catch up. We photographed Jeremy and Tara's wedding. We even did a bit of dancing and creative balancing to get just the right shot. On the Christmas trip, we were even lucky enough to see some snow, and again, more creative balancing on the ice so I wouldn't fall!

For Labor day, we headed out West to El Paso to visit my grandparents, your great grandparents. We took them to the casino. We also visited Best Buy, which was the very first time Grandpa had ever gone into one. At first he seemed a bit overwhelmed, but he really liked the big TVs. Grandma and I did some running around and shopping and I was just happy to spend the day talking with her. I think you liked it too.

We only wen to Lubbock for one football game this year, but we did manage to go for Thanksgiving, as well as, Brother's graduation. I didn't fit into most of my Tech gear, but I was lucky b/c Dad and Mom bought me a new shirt and some shorts. Speaking of, for Christmas, you also got some itty bitty Tech slippers to match Mommy's slippers.

And thinking about football, we watched a whole lot of football together. Most every Saturday and Sunday I spent parked in front of the television watching all sorts of games. I htink you got used to my yelling and hollerin' at the TV and Guapo barking right along too. It's only fitting that you are going to come when the official end of the football season comes to a close.

We headed out East to Longview to visit the Goetz family for the day. Me, your auntie Lindsey, and your auntie Ada stacked in a truck and had a blast on the two-hour journey. We had a ball talking and laughing, then eating when we got there! It's always fun to hang out with the family. Oh, and we even saw some clogging. I don't think I'd ever seen live clogging before. It was quite remarkable.

I also went to DC for a conference. I met up with my dear, dear friend Breeyon Miguel most of the nights there. We'd go for dinner and spend the rest of the evening catching up on life with the beautiful backdrop of DC looming in the distance. I walked and walked and walked and you loved it! I even had some Ethiopian food for the first time ever and it was delicious. You didn't have any adverse reaction to it. My mouth is watering thinking about it now.

We also went to quite a few concerts: John Mayer, Muse, Mana, and Tori Amos. You really, really enjoyed the Muse and Mana concerts. When they sang starlight, you just kept kicking and kicking. At the Mana concert, you had the hiccups because of the nachos I had and the shot of OJ. At the Tori Amos concert, a girl literally fell on top of me, but no damage done. I actually caught her leg without spilling my water.

Well, here we are with only 12 days until the due date. I can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

The Potts Family said...

I can't wait for you to meet your precious baby girl! You will just fall more and more in love with her every day. Jay said last night that having a baby is like falling in love every single day and you wonder how your life was ever really complete before her.
12 more days (and counting?)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan