Anyway, I still shopped and scored quite a few amazing things! I was mainly on the hunt for a double jogging stroller and some pretty dresses for Mari. This is what I found:
- Puj tub - scored for $12
- Boutique Easter Dress for Mari (the only dress I bought...eek!)
- 2 swimsuits for Mari
- 1 pair of satin pajamas for Mari
- 2 fancy nightgowns for Mari
- 7 cloth diapers, 2 which can be used right off the bat
- 2 pairs of infant dress shoes, 1 pair of cute sandals for Tesla (Mari didn't have many infant shoes, so these are going to be fun!)
- 1 hot pink pair of leather dressy thong sandals for Mari
- 2 pairs of tights for Mari
- Booster seat, so our old Space Saver high chair is ready for Tesla
- Footstool for the kitchen so little ones can help with the cooking
No jogging stroller that we liked, so we passed. Had I known, I would've searched for a new diaper bag for Don. When I was getting out the old gear, I discovered that we were going to have to do some extensive cleaning on one of the pockets and we were unsure if it would come out. Then again, a bit of elbow grease and it'll be fine. But if I could've found one for $10, it would have saved the hassle. Also, I should have looked closer at the slings. I love our Moby, but I would really like for Don to have the Baby K'tan. He really enjoyed wearing Mari, and I imagine it'll be the same this go-round. Finally, I should've bought one of the audio monitors. They were crazy inexpensive and we totally could have used a spare now that Mari is sleeping in her room at the furthest end of the hall from us.
And for my niece, I scored:
- 3 amazing dresses, one of which is a lavender boutique outfit: a full color lavender sheath, with a white spring coat with the same color lavender brocade over it. Very lovely!
- 1 pair of jean capris
- 1 pair of fun striped capris
- 1 pair of fun patterned shorts, brand new!
Do you consign? What sorts of things do you look for? I was talking with one lady who told me that she is able to outfit all 5 of her children for the spring/summer, plus toys for the littles for less than $500. She didn't even tell me how much she made from consigning. Incredible!