Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yesterday was one of those days that seemed like three different days in one. Much of this probably had to do with the fact that I welcomed the day from the absolute very beginning. I saw 4:30AM and my tired eyes slumbered for an hour and a half before I jumped up, freaked out because I missed the 6AM workout. I curled tightly next to my beloved for another 15 minutes before I forced myself awake to face my workday.

I came in to the office and was caught in a much unsuccessful attempt at giving a surprise to a friend. Oh well, I think the thought behind it all was conveyed and I was still grateful that I was considered to aid in making someone's day a little brighter. :D

Work went really well until just after noon. I called my grandma because I wanted to check on her to see how her procedure went. She's been having some knee/leg pains that they think are either a pinched nerve or a blood clot. (talk about two COMPLETELY different things). Anyway, as we were talking, she was really chipper and happy that I remembered to call to wish them a blessed day. Then, reminded me that 9 years ago, we were ALL together as a family to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. W-O-W! First off, 50 years is a significant milestone. So is 59. And it hit me that so much has changed in my life in those 9 years. I'm married, have a child, a mortgage, a dog, a bonafide 401K, a routine, a schedule, and a much different focus than before. Nine years ago, I hadn't met the third bestie, I didn't have a niece, and 9-11 hadn't happened. I was glad that my subconscious screamed out to me to make that phone call. And I was especially grateful to God for allowing me to have another phone conversation with that wonderfully amazing woman I call my grandmother. In the background, I could hear grandpa, much like I hear Mari in the background when talking to Don. I promised myself that I'd finish printing those photos for her and have them in the mail for her birthday next week. Especially because she confessed to me that she missed seeing her and how grandpa wanted to see pictures too. (The above picture is grandpa during our last visit to El Paso.) SIDENOTE: And a question for you all, is it worth it to spend an extra $9.99 a month to add a line to our phone plan so that my grandmother can use it to get picture mail and video mail from us? They don't currently have Internet, so have no way of getting the regular visual updates.

Then, about 1:30 and the COMPLETE sleepies hit. My head was hurting and during a meeting, I put my head down in my hands when someone asked me what I was doing. My head was pounding and I didn't know how to explain what was going on with me, so I smiled it off and a laugh about the Snuggie that I'd gifted to another co-worker.

10 to 4 and I threw on my workout clothes and had one of my best workouts yet. We did a combination of dead lifts, standing shoulder/military press, and rows. I was excited because I was able to row 500m in 2 minutes after I'd already done 3 other rounds. That's pretty good stuff. Means I'm definitely in much better shape than I was just a few weeks ago.

Afterwards, I rushed back to the office to clean up to make it to our team building night. It was fun playing shuffleboard and learning how that works. I was nearing the end of my rope and it took most of my energy to make it home.

When I did arrive, I was greeted by a very happy and smiley little one. Don seemed wiped out himself, so I insisted he get out of the house to have some much needed "me" time. I put on Mari's sign language DVD and zoned out watching her practice signing. Well, they started signing "eat" and naturally she needed food. Even though she'd already had dinner, she was a little starving monster. I gave her a full banana, a graham cracker, and we topped it off with some water. She started to fuss, make more signs for eat, which I promptly told her that we were finished eating and that it was time for sleep. She kinda looked at me, and then made the sign for sleep. After we did the night routine, I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight. It was 8:42.

I went back to the couch to wait for Don, when five minutes passed and I knew I wasn't going to last. I picked up my tired body, walked to the room, sending Don a quick text along the way. By 9PM, I was passed out, slumbering soundly until the next morning.

It was a wonderful day.

No comments:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan