This week I told Don that I hated doing her laundry, not just because I hate doing laundry, but because it seems that every time we are folding clothes to be put away, we have to store more and more aside because she's outgrown them. So many precious pieces I remember picking out for her, some before she was even born, in anticipation of the day where she'd grow into it. And now, well, they just don't fit. Her pants are like shorts and yes, some of them are too darn cute, I dress her in them to showcase her cutie-patootie tights. I know, I'm just in denial!
With that, here are some milestones:
- She's running! Not that effectively just yet, but still making fast strides to escape us.
- Speaking of escape, she understands the concept of chasing and being chased. She loves "playing" with Daddy, Mommy, and Guapo.
- Speaking of big brother Guapo, she loved all of his toys for Christmas. So much so that she goes to his toy bin and spreads them all out and trys to give each one to him and reserving some of her own play time with his toys. The sullen look on his face is priceless. Totally a: but Mooooom, I don't want to share!
- Her hair is long enough for a pig tail. This weekend I'll experiment with two piggies to see how they stand up. (Her hair in the picture below has remnants of her pig tail.)
- She really enjoys feeding herself, so I will sit her in the high chair and let her happily munch away on cheerios, bananas, goldfish, and other finger foods. Yum!
- Her favorite thing to do is observe and explore. She's so fascinated with watching us cook, get ready in the morning, feed Guapo, do laundry, anything we do she wants to be right there taking it all in.
Parenthood is amazing! Have a fabulous day!