Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today was a hella busy day. I know I usually say I'm busy, but today I was in it for the long haul.

At 6:30 I woke up and nursed Mari. After I rocked her back to sleep, I quickly got dressed to go on my big run. Today was going to be my longest run. I'd mentally prepared for it the night before. My plan was to run a solid 10 miles, hopefully having 13 total (as per the training guidelines). I didn't so much as want to run for distance as time. I wanted to run a solid 2 hours straight before having to really stop. At 10 to 7 I was ready to go. Don had mentioned wanting to run at least a mile with me in one direction, then turn back to make his run 2 miles total, but when I was ready to leave, he was passed out. I didn't want to disturb him, so I just gently kissed him goodbye and took off.

6:59 and I set my timer. Off I went. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. It felt cool in some spots and I had an awesome breeze for 75% of the run. For about a mile, though, I was totally exposed to the sun with no shade and no breeze, running up hill. That was brutal, but I survived. Best of all, I made it to 11 miles before I had to really stop! I did have to pause a few stops along the way because I caught the red light or simply because I ran out of water (thanks Hayley for letting me stop by your house to refill!). I was a little more than half a mile away from home when my left foot was on fire. That blister on the pad was having it no more. I stopped to take my shoe off to see how bad the damage was and it wasn't as ugly as it felt. But it did warrant me to quit jogging and walk that last bit. I felt like I hadn't really finished, but it was good because I needed the cool down. I felt so accomplished afterwards!

When I got home, Don and I obsessed about Mari. She hadn't pooped, despite our best efforts of giving her prune juice. I did some research and made a plan to pick up some gripe water later on. Then, I had to run by Target to pick up a gift for the party we were going to attend later. Sidenote: I thought the party started at 1 and not 11. We were late for this party and I felt bad because I was going to help her set up! I'm the worst...hanging my head in shame. Anyway, I picked up the goods and headed home. Prepped everything and we were off.
We arrived at noon, which I originally thought was an hour early, but come to find out, was an hour late. Oh well. We all had a great time. After her initial shock of the cool water, she acclimated and seemed to like it. she was actually kicking around in the pool and splashing the water. I immediately picked up my camera and started snapping shots for them. It was so much fun! Don ended up leaving with some bruises and knots from wrestling around in the water, but I'm glad that he had a load of fun!
Later, I dropped off Mari and Don at the house so they could rest and I headed South to hang with Lindsey and baby Hayden. OMG...he's gotten so big! I was kicking myself for not having taken the camera. We were able to hang around for a couple of hours before I had to be home. I missed our girl time. We went to the mall to window shop and eat a yummy chocolate icing filled cookie cup from Great American Cookie. Mmmmm...delish, even though I did get the stank eye from a lady who wanted to cut in line!
I bid adieu to Lindsey and headed back home to do a quick change to go to the soccer game. Ada's brother Ugo was in town and we try to make the trip up there to go and support him. We loaded up the car and swung by to get Camille, then headed to the FC Dallas v. Colorado Rapids game. It was brilliant. Mari did a great job, even though crowd noises scared her a tiny bit! The canon really jarred her, but she wasn't inconsolable. She actually became quite immune to it, so it warmed my heart that she could adapt so well. Mari met Ugo after the game. He even held her and she was just like, whatever. (Thanks again for the tickets!!!) I have fond memories of going to the FC Dallas games to watch Ugo play. I've seen him grow up into this amazing player and I absolutely love hanging out with Ada and her family. The game ended in a tie and I was PARCHED!
On the way home, we swung by Walgreens to pick up the gripe water. Still no poop! :(
I was flat out exhausted and beat, but was very, very happy with all that I'd done for the day.

No comments:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan