First, I need to share the rules with you. These are very important...
1) You must post these rules.
2) Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4) You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5) Go to their page and tell them you linked him or her.
6) No tag backs.
7) No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You have to legitimately tag 11 people. <--aaack, I don't think I know 11 bloggers who would do this, but I'll tag them anyway.
(I, too, didn't know there was such a thing as legitimate tagging. Lesson learned.)
11 Things About Me:
- I don't drink nearly enough water as my body needs. I know this to be true when I get massive headaches, agitated, or restless. I actually mark the number of glasses of water I've had at work on my calendar. I get excited if it is more than 4. absurd.
- I took one of those political compass quizzes online. I was almost dead center of the graph. I'm still trying to understand what that says about me.
- I get genuinely frustrated with all of this political talk, simultaneously, I'm happy to know such a diverse group of people.
- In my youth, I spent a fair amount of time looking in the mirror, practicing facial expressions for the day when I would have friends to use in actual conversation. Now, I don't like to look in the mirror at all.
- Additionally, I was quite a ham for the camera. I didn't mind being in front of it. Now, I much, MUCH rather be the one taking the photo. I don't know when that changed.
- I have a genuine desire to learn how to be a decent surfer. I don't live any where near a body of water that allows for constant surfing. I don't know how this is going to become a reality.
- I have an unusual fear of cockroaches. I also discovered that I'm allergic to them. (weird) If I have to kill one, it involves shrieking, yelling, gagging, profanities, and then, if successful, a different sense of satisfaction, combined with a healthy dose of icked-out-ness.
- I absolutely and completely do not like green beans in ANY form. I keep trying them and they just dont' appeal to me.
- Music is as essential as air and water. Can't live without it. (Do you have any recommendations?)
- A great cup of coffee and an amazing pair of shoes will lift my spirits. Then again, a nice word from a loved one or stranger is great, too!
- I'm having a love/hate relationship with my hair. I really want to chop it all off, but then I know I will regret it. I've told myself I'm keeping it until my friend's wedding in May. After that, I'm whacking it all off.
- What is one thing you can't leave the house without? my phone
- Tell me the best place you've ever visited or vacationed. Rome
- You have to sing karaoke to save my life. What song do you choose? Moon River or I will Survive
- If you could change one thing in the past week, what would it be? listening more, talking less
- What have you been eating a lot of recently? vegetables
- If you were going to be famous for something, what would you want it to be? writing a great piece of fiction
- What is your least favorite chore? laundry
- If you had to live one place the rest of you life, where would it be? on a beach with electricity, wifi, indoor plumbing and central air with my family
- What shows do you watch regularly? The Big Bang Theory
- Do you have any big trips coming up? If so, what? Rochester, NY; Mackinac Island, MI; hopefully Costa Rica
- Who is your hero? I have many, but I would have to say My Father, My Mother, Maya Angelou
My 11 Questions:
- What is the single best piece of advice you've ever received?
- What is your favorite cake flavor?
- What was your most favorite pair of shoes?
- Where are you happiest?
- You have $100 to blow, what do you buy?
- What was your favorite birthday?
- Where is your next dining out experience?
- What goal/dream has gone unfinished?
- Who would you like to kill half a day with?
- What would you all do during that time?
- What song makes you dance like a crazy person?
My 11 people
(let's be realistic, I won't have a full 11. If you can do it, great, if you can't, that's ok, too!)