S.A.S.S. yourself slim: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds and Lose Inches by Cyntia Sass MPH, RD
For you loyal readers, you are probably familiar with the other review I did of her other book. At the time, it was the only diet book that I had read. Actually, until I received this new book, it remained the only diet book that I read. While I couldn’t adhere to everything in that book (because I was pregnant), I did take to heart her teachings, primarily remaining true to Slimming and Satiating Seasonings. With this new book, S.A.S.S. stands for Simple and Satisfying Solutions.
- Emphasizes produce whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats, emphasizing portions and balance instead of calories.
- Lists of quick and easy meals, and a meal-building puzzle to create your own sass.
- It is vegetarian/vegan friendly, even incorporating coconut oil and dark chocolate as an indulgence.
- Features fresh, whole natural, unprocessed and organic foods
I don’t normally concentrate on losing pounds, but let me tell you all a little secret. Ok, here goes (aaack, no more secret!)…since the beginning of the year, I’ve lost 15 pounds!!! No lie. Not only have I lost it, but I’ve managed to go maintain that weight loss for the past two months! Why is this a big deal to me, other than the obvious? Well, for starters, I have a faster per/mile completion. This also means I have less weight to carry around, which translates to less weight I have to use when I’m doing exercises where I use my own weight. This means that I’m closer to my goal of doing an unassisted pull-up! This means that I will be able to “pop” up on a surf board when I go surfing this summer. This means that I let my husband pick me up and I’m not self-conscious from feeling “too heavy.” I’ve also been lifting weights and my legs and arms are beginning to sculpt to what I’m more familiar with. My physical strength is catching up with my emotional strength. Being strong is the ultimate end goal. And health is what I’m celebrating with my husband tonight! My body has birthed two amazing daughters and has achieved a great many things. Because of the healthier lifestyle, I look forward to dancing for many, many years to come with him as my partner.
I plan on doing her 5-Day, 5-Food Fast Forward and will update you on my progress. If it works like she says, then boy howdy…I just can’t imagine being that small. I haven’t been that weight since my 2nd year of college, which was my smallest ever (at this height).
This New York Times Bestselling book was released March 20th and is available on Amazon. Go check it out!!
Cynthia Sass, the creator and co-author of the New York Times Bestselling Flat Belly Diet presents her new break-through, 30-day weight loss program Cinch!targeted to end overeating, leaving dieters feeling full and satisfied while enjoying the best food combinations to burn fat and boost metabolism.
S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim is a 30-day plan in two parts. Part one is a 5-Day Fast Forward option that jump starts your results. It calls for four simple meals a day, made from just five foods: spinach, almonds, raspberries, eggs, and yogurt (or vegan-friendly alternatives). Cynthia selected these foods because each is filling, rich in detoxifying and health-protecting nutrients, and has been scientifically shown to specifically support weight loss. Using these five superior foods in various combinations daily for five days gives your body, mind, and taste buds a fresh start and will help you shed up to eight pounds quickly.
Part two is a 25-day plan (30 days if you forego the Fast Forward option) which also calls for four meals a day, but now draws from a broad but specific array of food choices. And with this part of the plan, you can easily drop a size in just one month. The Core is based on cutting edge research and three key rules that work in synergy to provide real and lasting results:
- Rule #1: Eat Like Clockwork. Meal timing is important — you must eat breakfast within an hour of waking up and space the remaining meals evenly throughout the day, no sooner than three and no more than five hours apart, in order to regulate blood sugar and insulin levels and hunger hormones; reset and rev up metabolism; and keep feeling energized.
- Rule #2: Think 5 Pieces 4 Times a Day. Each meal in theS.A.S.S. Yourself Slim plan is constructed as a unique “puzzle” made from five pieces: produce, a whole grain, lean protein, plant-based fat, and specific seasonings — or, as Cynthia refers to them, SASS (more about that below). Following the plan is as easy as knowing what the five pieces of the puzzle are and how much of each one to include at every meal. This becomes second nature within thefirst week. This simple approach allows you to consistently S.A.S.S. yourself whether you’re at home, at a restaurant, or on vacation. It’s as easy as choosing from Cynthia’s 100 delicious recipes or using the DIY chapter to build your own ‘5 piece puzzle’ meals.
- Rule #3: Make Flavor Your Focus. S.A.S.S. — the fifth piece of the puzzle (above) — stands for Slimming and Satiating Seasonings: vinegar, citrus juice or zest, hot peppers, tea, and herbs and spices. These five additions not only add flavor to the meals without excess calories or sodium, they are scientifically proven to maximize your body’s fat-burning furnace and are rich in antioxidants, which have been linked to lower body-fat levels, even without dieting.
S.A.S.S. Yourself Slim teaches you how to get your body back, and refocus your attention and energy where they should be — on living and enjoying your life.
**As a member of the One2One Network, I was asked to review this book. As such, I am eligible to receive one of five $50 gift cards for my participation, but in no was was that an influence in my review. The opinions in the review are my own.**